The course designed with strong business focus to emphasize the importance of aligning business initiatives and projects with the enterprise business strategy. The main aims of the course are to apply project management approaches to effectively manage organizational change, improve organizational performance, and meeting strategic objectives. It is designed to help the students understand and lead organizational changes through an effective implementation of successful project management techniques with due considerations to the interrelated aspects such as stakeholders management, communications, Leadership, Triple constraints, and Earned Value Management. Modern techniques and approaches are adopted to achieve these goals and sustain improvements through continuous monitoring of the business alignment. For this purpose, structured presentations, discussions and business cases are utilized to develop appropriate understanding of project management roles in the contemporary businesses. Fundamental concepts and theories in project management are discussed, including project initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing.
The course also emphasis the practical aspects of the projects management approach through hands-on practices, usage of templates, and application of best known standards and frameworks. These will build required confidence in applying the approaches, utilize lesson learned from previous experiences and improve the success rate of the projects.
1. Define advanced project management concepts in accordance with known best practices and frameworks.
2. Recognize how various selection methods are used to choose appropriate business projects.
3. Analyze the roles played by project management to achieve and sustain competitive advantage for modem businesses.
4. Asses the degree of alignment between the selected projects and the business strategic objectives.
5. Demonstrate team work skills and ability to work with various types of people.
6. Illustrate the use of appropriate leadership skills to manage project conflicts at different stages to achieve intended objectives of the projects.
7. Assess project progress through adoption of appropriate project's monitor and control tools.
8. Interpret project quantification results to assess the health and progress status of the project throughput the project life cycle.