The course emphasizes the importance of aligning business projects with the enterprise strategy. The course is designed to help the students to understand and lead the organizational changes through effective implementation of successful project management techniques with due considerations to the interrelated aspects such as stakeholders and effective communications. Modern teaching techniques are applied through structured presentations, scenarios, and business case discussions. Exercises, class-based practical, and course projects are used to develop students’ hands-on experience.
1. Define advanced project management concepts in accordance with known best practices and frameworks.
2. Recognize how various selection methods are used to choose appropriate business projects.
3. Analyze the roles played by project management to achieve and sustain competitive advantage for modem businesses.
4. Asses the degree of alignment between the selected projects and the business strategic objectives.
5. Demonstrate team work skills and ability to work with various types of people.
6. Illustrate the use of appropriate leadership skills to manage project conflicts at different stages to achieve intended objectives of the projects.
7. Assess project progress through adoption of appropriate project's monitor and control tools.
8. Interpret project quantification results to assess the health and progress status of the project throughput the project life cycle.