Post-Doc 1980 Dept. of Physiology, Univ. of South Alabama
Ph.D. 1979 Dept. of Physiology, Michigan State Univ.
M. Sc. 1975 Dept. of Physiology, Michigan State Univ.
B. Sc. 1972 Biology, Western Michigan University
Alfaisal University 2010 Professor, College of Medicine
London Health Sciences Centre 1997 Director, Vascular Biology
1995 Scientist Louisiana State University
1991 Professor, Dept. of Physiology
1986 Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Physiology
Univ. of South Alabama 1984 Assoc. Professor,
Dept. of Physiology 1981 Assist. Professor, Dept. of Physiology
• General interests: Basic mechanisms of the inflammatory response, inflammatory pathologies, microcirculation, vascular biology, neutrophil-endothelial interactions. Pathologies addressed to date include IBD & gastritis (gastrointestinal), ARDS (pulmonary), ischemia/reperfusion (heart), In general, pathologenesis is explored using in vivo (whole animal/organ) and in vitro (cell/molecular biology) approaches.
• American Journal of Physiology, Gastrointestinal and Liver Section, (Assoc.Ed.)
• Journal of Critical Care
• Journal of Clinical Biochemistry & Nutrition
• Canadian Institutes of Health Research (Canada)
• National Institutes of Health (USA)
• American Veterans Administration (USA)
• Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada (Canada)
• Heart and Stroke Foundation (Canada)
• Potuguese Science and Technology Foundation (Portugal)
Research Conferences organized:
• FASEB Research Conference “Physiology and Pathophysiology of the Splanchnic Circulation” (USA) – Vice Chairman & Chairman
• Oxidative Stress Consortium (Canada) Organizing Committee